England counties, starting with:
|A thru E||F thru N||O thru S||T thru Z|
When making requests of volunteers:
- Make requests specific -- avoid being too general.
- Make requests ONLY for the volunteer's specified research areas. (Do not ask for out-of-area requests.)
- Never ask more than one volunteer for the same request.
- Ask the volunteer what reimbursements they require: copies, gas, parking, etc.
- Negotiate an estimated completion time ... Remember: volunteers are not "on the clock," may research for multiple people, and respond reasonably as their time permits.
Note: If no volunteer exists for an area, Follow the page for alerts of page changes. (Requires a wiki account.) Create a wiki account here.
- check back again. (New volunteers sign up daily.)
- join the FB RAOGK groups -- RAOGK USA and/or RAOGK International and post your research request. (One of the group members may live in that area and be willing to help.)
The list below includes volunteers who were willing to do research in the area covered by this page at the time the original RAOGK site went down in late 2011. What has been lost lost is the contact information for those individuals.
- If you are one of the volunteers below, please contact the Wiki Admin.
- If you used one of these researchers previously, please ask them to contact the Wiki Admin so that there will be a link for them and a means for researchers to contact them.
NOTE: ... Volunteers ... if you want to, you can easily Update Your Volunteer Information yourself. Wiki editing is easy!
- However, if you don't want to edit/add something yourself, just contact the Wiki Admin and indicate what you want added/modified.
NEW/RETURNING volunteers, contact: the Wiki Admin with the following information, in the order specified:
- State or Country:
- County or province, parish, region, etc:
- Your name: (This is a "display name". If your name is Susan Jones, you could want a display name of "Suzie" .. "SueJ" ... "Susan J" ... or even "Susan Jones"
- Act of Kindness: (Describe the services you are willing to provide.)
|Region||Area||Volunteer||Act of Kindness|
|ALL||ALL||Zephyr||Available to copy/research any item, for any state or country, at the Clayton Genealogical Library in Houston, TX (one of the nation's top 10). Requestor MUST search the library catalog here FIRST (http://houstonlibrary.org) and provide the call information, title and author for the book you want searched along with the information to be sought in the source. Same for microfilm and other collections please.|
|Buckinghamshire||Janno||I will do parish register look ups for the county of Buckinghamshire, as I have access to records at the county record office.|
|Cumbria||Modern South Lakeland and Furness; Lancashire (North) Furness pre 1974 boundary change||Nick|| I know many local archivists who might be able to answer your
question. Draw a 20 mile radius from LA11 1LA and add Shap, Sedbergh, Tebay and Orton.
Will photograph anything in that radius. Parish registers also.
Personally can visit Kendal library for microfiche past copies of Westmorland Gazette, Kendal Mercury and other archive material stored there. Can also visit Kendal Archive office. Have been photographing headstones for many years. Can visit any cemetery within 20 mile radius of LA11 1LA http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=339701&Y=478690&A=Y&Z=115
Can also visit Lancaster library and record office for Lancaster Guardian newspaper. Preston and Carlisle are too far. But do ask someone might be going.
Barrow-in-Furness library and record office. Ulverston, Dalton in Furness, Windermere, Ambleside, Grasmere, Coniston, Hawkshead, Cartmel. Are all possible. Draw a 20 mile radius around LA11 1LA
Reimbursement for vehicle fuel, parking (try to use free areas), fees (Cumbria archive offices charge £5 day for camera, library free) postage and other expenses.
|Bristol||(was Avon & Gloucestershire)||lisa-uk||Books and records within the Bristol Record Office.|