|Alberta||British Columbia||Manitoba||New Brunswick||Ontario||Quebec|| Saskatchewan|
|Labrador, Newfoundland, NorthwestTerritories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon|
When making requests of volunteers:
- Make requests specific -- avoid being too general.
- Make requests ONLY for the volunteer's specified research areas. (Do not ask for out-of-area requests.)
- Never ask more than one volunteer for the same request.
- Ask the volunteer what reimbursements they require: copies, gas, parking, etc.
- Negotiate an estimated completion time ... Remember: volunteers are not "on the clock," may research for multiple people, and respond reasonably as their time permits.
Note: If no volunteer exists for an area, Follow the page for alerts of page changes. (Requires a wiki account.) Create a wiki account here.
- check back again. (New volunteers sign up daily.)
- join the FB RAOGK groups -- RAOGK USA and/or RAOGK International and post your research request. (One of the group members may live in that area and be willing to help.)
The list below includes volunteers who were willing to do research in the area covered by this page at the time the original RAOGK site went down in late 2011. What has been lost lost is the contact information for those individuals.
- If you are one of the volunteers below, please contact the Wiki Admin.
- If you used one of these researchers previously, please ask them to contact the Wiki Admin so that there will be a link for them and a means for researchers to contact them.
NOTE: ... Volunteers ... if you want to, you can easily Update Your Volunteer Information yourself. Wiki editing is easy!
- However, if you don't want to edit/add something yourself, just contact the Wiki Admin and indicate what you want added/modified.
NEW/RETURNING volunteers, contact: the Wiki Admin with the following information, in the order specified:
- State or Country:
- County or province, parish, region, etc:
- Your name: (This is a "display name". If your name is Susan Jones, you could want a display name of "Suzie" .. "SueJ" ... "Susan J" ... or even "Susan Jones"
- Act of Kindness: (Describe the services you are willing to provide.)
|Region||Area||Volunteer||Act of Kindness|
|ALL||Shelli||I have the online link to Ontario death abstracts 1869-1947|
With miner's name, can provide date, colliery name and reference source.
|ALL||Fred Blair||War of 1812, Niagara Frontier, Upper Canada Militia Roll Musters and Militia Veteran Biographies. I am currently transcribing militia documents for the 2nd York and Lincoln Militias and writing biographies for veterans of the war. I will search my files for records and biographies of specific militia men. As this is an ongoing project some of this material has been published while some has not. I will also offer advice on finding records for men in other Canadian militia regiments.|
|ALL||Fred Blair||Blairs of Ontario Directory, 1801 to 1901 (Unpublished). Thousands of records of Blairs & their spouses from hundreds of sources. Blair surname queries welcomed.|
|Brant County||Anne Chamberlain||I will take tombstones pictures and perform related lookups.|
|Cambridge||Theresa Schwartz||Still photos of cemetery/gravestones, obituary look up, photos of the surrounding area. (Galt, Preston).|
Cemetery records for Durham Region for burials up to 1980. Photos of Tombstones for Oshawa Union Cemetery only. Obituaries for Oshawa
|Grey, County, Ontario, Canada||Brenda MacDonald||Public Records lookups, including B.D.M., local history books, census records, just about everything that deals with Grey County. Will also take pictures of Tombstones, houses, and other places of interest. (It doesn't hurt to ask.)|
|Grimsby||Erin M||Still photos of cemetery/gravestones, obituary look up, photos of the surrounding area.|
|Halton County||Debbie Furgat Dunn||I can do general research, obit lookups and gravestone pictures for Burlington, Miton and Oakville. I can also do: Lookups for Greenwood Cemetery in Georgetown, Halton County (photos can be done but will take some time to get), obit lookups in the Hamilton Spectator and Toronto Star|
|Hamilton||WendyT||I am willing to do cemetery look ups, photograph grave markers for the Hamilton area. I can also do look up for death notices and obituaries in the Hamilton Spectator as long as I have an exact death date.|
|Kenora, Keewatin area||Judy Stockham||
|Kingston, Frontenac County||Glenn King||
Will do lookups and copying at Kingston Public Library, Queen's University Library & Archives, Diocese of Ontario (Anglican), births, marriages, obituaries, articles from area newspapers (dates please). Anything else, just ask.
A small fee may apply to cover parking, copying, postage,etc.
|Lincoln||Doug Wilsher||Cemetery lookups in this area.|
|Muskoka||Leanne Lamoureux||Digital photos of headstones for cemeteries in the District of Muskoka, as well as photos of cemetery entrances, cemetery buildings, churches in the area etc. If you have a query about the Muskoka area in general, just ask and I shall see what I can do.|
|Niagara Falls||Wells & Lincoln||Rod MacDonald||I will do lookups such as birth, marriage, death, cemetery and certain land records and Loyalist records for the Welland and Lincoln counties of Ontario (Please provide person's name, d.o.d. and cemetery name if applicable)|
|Niagara Region||Doug Wilsher||Cemetery lookups in this area including St. Catharines, Welland, Fort Erie, Thorold, Port Dalhousie and Port Weller.|
|Ottawa||Bob Adair||Research in the Ottawa area only.|
|Ottawa||Bruce Kettles||Digital photographing of tombstones located in Central and East Ottawa some rural cemeteries included also obits from the Ottawa Citizen and Journal|
|Ottawa||P Stuebing||Will do lookups and modest research at Canada’s National Library and Archives in Ottawa, Ontario, on a cost recovery basis. Usually the only cost is parking which is $12 per day. Will take photographs of cemetery plots or other specific subjects within the vicinity of the City of Ottawa.|
|Simcoe County||Innisfil Township area (including Barrie, Essa, Vespra, West Gwillimbury etc.)||Bill Warnica||
All Genealogy inquiries
Will help research your Innisfil & area ancestry.
I have all cemetery transcripts published by the Waterloo Region OGS branch (see list at Tim Campbell Lookups; will do lookups and provide transcripts. Will also provide high-resolution (printable) photos of headstones from Elmira Union and St. James Evangelical Lutheran cemeteries in Elmira.
|Windsor||Valerie Henley-Newell||Still photos of tombstones|