|Alberta||British Columbia||Manitoba||New Brunswick||Ontario||Quebec|| Saskatchewan|
|Labrador, Newfoundland, NorthwestTerritories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon|
When making requests of volunteers:
- Make requests specific -- avoid being too general.
- Make requests ONLY for the volunteer's specified research areas. (Do not ask for out-of-area requests.)
- Never ask more than one volunteer for the same request.
- Ask the volunteer what reimbursements they require: copies, gas, parking, etc.
- Negotiate an estimated completion time ... Remember: volunteers are not "on the clock," may research for multiple people, and respond reasonably as their time permits.
Note: If no volunteer exists for an area, Follow the page for alerts of page changes. (Requires a wiki account.) Create a wiki account here.
- check back again. (New volunteers sign up daily.)
- join the FB RAOGK groups -- RAOGK USA and/or RAOGK International and post your research request. (One of the group members may live in that area and be willing to help.)
BRITISH COLUMBIA VolunteersEdit
The list below includes volunteers who were willing to do research in the area covered by this page at the time the original RAOGK site went down in late 2011. What has been lost lost is the contact information for those individuals.
- If you are one of the volunteers below, please contact the Wiki Admin.
- If you used one of these researchers previously, please ask them to contact the Wiki Admin so that there will be a link for them and a means for researchers to contact them.
NOTE: ... Volunteers ... if you want to, you can easily Update Your Volunteer Information yourself. Wiki editing is easy!
- However, if you don't want to edit/add something yourself, just contact the Wiki Admin and indicate what you want added/modified.
NEW/RETURNING volunteers, contact: the Wiki Admin with the following information, in the order specified:
- State or Country:
- County or province, parish, region, etc:
- Your name: (This is a "display name". If your name is Susan Jones, you could want a display name of "Suzie" .. "SueJ" ... "Susan J" ... or even "Susan Jones"
- Act of Kindness: (Describe the services you are willing to provide.)
|Area||Volunteer||Act of Kindness|
|ALL||Jerry||British Columbia MINING ACCIDENTS,1878-1926, nonfatal and fatal;1927-1972 fatal only; with miner’s name, can provide date, colliery name and reference source.|
|Golden B.C.||Louise Rande||Look ups for newspapers: Donald Truth 1888-1889, Golden Era 1891-1902, Golden Star 1902-present, and Golden Cemeteries|
|Ocean Falls||Pete||I may be able to assist with cemetery info from Ocean Falls.|
|Port Hardy and Port McNeill||Pete||Obit lookups from the North Island Gazette, 1961-2006.|
|Prince Rupert||Shannon||Will research any records/directories/obits/materials available at local archives. All Prince Rupert graves are photoed and listed on findagrave.com|
Greater Vancouver Area
My name is Mike Melen. I am a local Vancouver genealogist. I know its very hard when you are out of province, out of country or even on the other side of the world. This is why I am willing to help you find your British Columbia roots. Here is what I am offfering to do for you
I can get photocopies of the records that are on the BC Vital Records website. I can obtain obituaries that are in The Vancouver Su, The Province, The Columbian and the Victoria Times Colonist. I can get photos of the headstones that are in Mountain View,Ocean View,Forest Lawm,Fraser, North Vancouver Cemetery, and Valley View.
I do this cause I want to help you find your roots here in BC. I have set up a web site so please take a look around and let me know if I can help you in anyway. leave me a message here or use the "contact me" on my web site
|Vancouver||Valerie Walton||I can volunteer to find and photograph grave markers in the Lower Mainland of B.C.|